A George IV pattern hooded lady's phaeton, attributed to Peters & Sons, London, circa 1860, painted black-japanned with tan stringing, with folding leather hood lined in woollen cloth, buttoned black leather double seat, leather-mounted dashboard/mudguards with lap cover mount, the four wheels fitted with leaf-spring suspension, coachman's seat behind, mounted with arm shafts for ponies, approx 90in. (230cms) high with hoop up; 60in. (153cms) wide; 128in. (325cms) long; 44in. (112cms) back wheel diameter; 29in. (74cms) front wheel diameter. Note: This carriage was bought about 15 years ago and was lovingly restored to near original condition before going into storage. The wheels and axles had to be replaced, as did the leatherwork, but both have been done sympathetically.