House & Estate Clearance Newcastle, North East England, Cumbria and The Scottish Borders.
Quite simply, Anderson & Garland offer the best service in the region.
Based in Newcastle, most of our new clients come to us on recommendation, from professional advisers or existing clients.
We predominantly cover Newcastle, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland, Durham, Teeside, Cumbria, The Scottish Borders, and Yorkshire, but our services are often required further afield.
What happens to the contents of my house?
If you're a private individual or executor and have to arrange the clearance of a house contents, often speed is of the essence, so please call us as soon as possible. Unoccupied property can sometimes be difficult to insure and can attract burglars.
Most importantly.... don't throw anything out. Clients often think they are doing us a favour by clearing away some of the 'clutter' before we arrive. Please don't....there's often value in items considered as rubbish.
- One of our highly experienced valuers will meet you at the property and quickly assess the contents. This initial visit is free.
- We arrange for experienced professional removers to clear the property.
- More valuable items are consigned to our specialist auctions, whereas more general items of furnishings are consigned to our fortnightly Town & County (General) auctions.
- We dispose of all that cannot be sold, to charity in many cases, or wherever possible, in an environmentally friendly way, such as recycling. There may inevitably be items that have to go to landfill eg. items that don’t comply with current fire/electrical regulation, but we take care of all of this in the most cost-effective way.
- We leave the property in a broom clean condition, ready to place on the market or for new occupants to move in.
What is the process?
To arrange a free, no-obligation home visit and consultation with one of our expert valuers, call us on 0191 4303000 or email email@example.com. Lines are open 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
- As no two properties or collections are the same, our valuer advises you on the potential value of the saleable contents, the costs involved, and the various clearance options available to you.
- We then see to everything... sorting and tagging the items at the property; preparing a receipt; booking the carrier; and overseeing the clearance itself, from start to finish.
- Often we complete clearance within a day. However, for larger properties or collections, it can take longer, so we'd let you know in advance.
- We produce an itemised receipt for goods consigned for auction. These are entered into either Specialist Auctions or Homes & Interiors Auctions, depending on value.
- You are notified by e-mail or post before and after each sale containing items from your consignment.
- Upon completion, a bank transfer or cheque is issued minus clearance costs and auction fees.
What will it cost to send my items to auction?
Anderson and Garland fees are always highly competitive. They can vary depending on the type/value of the items you consign and the ease/difficulty of access to the property being cleared. Once our expert has assessed the contents, they will discuss all costs with you in full.
and most importantly...
Please remember that auction is the only way to achieve the true market value of your items.
Beware of individuals or firms who mislead or trick you into selling house contents for cash. It may seem the easy option and low risk at the time, but they only offer a fraction of true market value.
We're here to maximise value for you, as your agents.
It's crucial that we go through everything and leave nothing to chance. If it's there we'll uncover it. Even if it's not there, it will stop questions in the future 'did we throw/give something special away'
Over the years we’ve discovered really valuable items in the most unexpected places for our clients, like a rare Rolex watch found tucked away at the back of a sock drawer; a significant modern painting in the back of a forgotten cupboard; and an expensive Georgian lead statue, hidden in the undergrowth at the bottom of a garden, all would probably have never come to light or been flagged up, if sold to one of these unscrupulous firms.
Although we do charge commission and removal costs for our services, these are more than offset by the top market prices we achieve, so our customers always get more.